Why my browser keeps crashing?
Why my browser keeps crashing? once or twice an a hour?
here random samples of crash reports
the last crash >>>
a1296024-796e-4bd4-a608-ff6702130210 bp-605d5776-578a-4af8-8389-9f8092130210 bp-caeea781-1c0e-4aa7-a5fa-834b12130209 b0bd4c2c-de64-47c0-9776-0a9112c6b68e 9ddfb282-49bd-496f-a3d6-17044ba9fee1 bp-e3e8662c-8fb4-4c78-9501-a42122121127
Also it crashes sometimes when i click on a clickable buttons online, or when i type in a form or a post i.e. Facebook, answers.yahoo.com, i use the latest plugins with the exception of a "session manager" because the latest session manager add-ons crashes my browser, i use malwarebyte (not live) and Norton as security
Modified by cor-el
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.118
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1685
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
I apologize if i posted this question @ the wrong section, I'm new here
Modified by operacarmen
Unfortunately the linked crash reports haven't been send or have an [@ EMPTY] signature and do not provide useful crash data that makes it possible to tell something about the cause.
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
Thank you, I wish Mozilla site provides more suggestions and tools to fix the crashes, a person told me Firefox crashes are highly common, and when Firefox reaches 2gb of memory it crashes regardless of the amount of RAM the PC has...so i monitored Firefox using Process Explorer and i noticed it crashes when it gets to 1.9x GB (virtual size)
I still don't understand why it crashes more often when i fill a form (like the one I'm filing now)
hello, firefox shouldn't use that much memory - try to reset the browser & see if this addresses such memory leaks...
Well, ..I have 1300 tabs open (research) , I have been doing that for a few years but memory leakage and crashes got really worst last 6 months .. i did a reinstall with no help, i use Firefox not chrome because one reason only: "session manager" although it doesn't work all the time