Firefox will not load home page, just loads page that was open when Firefox shut down.
First-my computer. Windows 7 sp1, Firefox 18.0.2. I have set in the "General Options" to load my home page. But recently, it no longer does this. On startup, it loads the webpage that was open when Firefox was closed. I do not have the Babylon Toolbar. What can I do to correct this problem?
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2068
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Make sure that Firefox closes properly and that there isn't a hanging Firefox or plugin-container process left in the task manager.
Use "Firefox/File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit") to close Firefox if you are currently doing that by clicking the close X on the title bar.
- "Hang at exit": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_hangs
- "Firefox hangs when you quit it": https://support.mozilla.org/kb/Firefox+hangs
You can check if you have a user.js file in the Firefox profile folder that sets the browser.sessionstore.resume_session_once pref to true.
Set the Integer pref browser.sessionstore.max_resumed_crashes to 0 on the about:config page to get the about:sessionrestore page immediately with the first restart after a crash has occurred or the Task Manager was used to close Firefox.
Firefox always closes properly with nothing left open. I have checked that. Using the File/Exit process does not change it. The "resume_session-once" pref is set to "true".
What Fun! NOT! I tried the complete re-installation - Deleting the FireFox folder & re-installing. Didn't help. I then did the ultimate - Complete Reset. This fixed the problem. Time consuming to reinstall what add-ons I had. But it is now working. Thank you!