Unable to load update
After I download and restart Firefox I get the following; Software Update failed The update could not be installed. Please make sure there are no other copies of Firefox running on your computer, and then restart Firefox to try again. I have not other copies of Firefox running, checked services. I am able to uninstall and install the new release manually. What now?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Plus Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Please try rebooting your computer. Also check in task manager (ctrl+shift+esc) that firefox.exe is not listed.
Try to run the Firefox program once as Administrator (right-click: Run as Administrator).