Just installed mountain lion but firefox still saying I need to upgrade to work latest version
When pushing the update tab or going directly to mozilla site it says "your system doesn't meet the requirements to run firefox"
I'm sorry I hadn't restarted my computer. After restarting firefox/Icloud is now working. Thank you very much for your help!Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Plus Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- SOE Web Installer
- D'Fusion Web Plug-In (2.0.6972.0)
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100202 Firefox/3.5.8 FBSMTWB
hello, your useragent (the information the browser sends to websites to identify its version) - apparently mistakenly - shows you're on firefox version 3.5.8. probably some sort of toolbar or adware has overwritten it. please refer to this article in order to reset the user-agent settings in firefox: Websites say that Firefox is outdated or incompatible even though it's the latest version
The information presented there explains what to do in Windows. Is there any step by step info for Mac?
it is the same procedure on both systems, there shouldn't be a problem following the steps mentioned in the article to reset your user agent...
I've done each step and still saying I need to upgrade. Currently I'm running Firefox 18.0.2 but somehow I'm seen as not. Can't connect for instance to Icloud.
when you go to http://browserspy.dk/useragent.php which UserAgent from header does it show - does it end with Firefox/18.0? if not you could also try to generally reset firefox: Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings
It does end with Firefox/18.o
What is the current user agent as shown on the browserspy.dk site?
Did you reset all general.useragent prefs to the default?
If you do not keep changes after a restart then see:
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
I'm sorry I hadn't restarted my computer. After restarting firefox/Icloud is now working. Thank you very much for your help!