It happens on most, but not all, of the pages I visit. After closing the error message, another one pops up saying "Error: Syntax Error." Closing this window will bring up the initial error message again, and the process repeats five or six times. Eventually the windows will stop popping up and I will be able to view the website, but as soon as I go to another webpage the error messages start again. I've updated both Firefox and Ubuntu to the most recent versions.
hello, this error message is usually caused by the social fixer addon & can be resolved by updating to the latest version available at http://socialfixer.com/blog/category/releasenotes/Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- The Totem 3.0.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
hello, this error message is usually caused by the social fixer addon & can be resolved by updating to the latest version available at http://socialfixer.com/blog/category/releasenotes/
Thanks for your help! I had completely forgotten that I'd installed SocialFixer. I ended up removing the program since I wasn't using it, and this appears to have fixed the problem.