All of the sudden I am getting two windows when clicking on a link in Facebook. How can I stop this from happening? Please HELP
Today I discovered that when I was in facebook, and clicked on a link, anywhere, I would get a blank window and then another window would open up and have the links information on it. Things are really slow with this happening. I've checked out the popup tab, and I don't have it checked. There is nothing in the list either. PLEASE help me get rid of this problem. I have uninstalled firefox and reinstalled it. Would downloading an older version help?? Thank you for any help you can give me.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Google Update
- SumatraPDF Browser Plugin
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking Rich Internet Application Support - Plugin
- Photodex Presenter Plugin 4,52,0,3053
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.18.6 For more information visit www.musicnotes.com
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Actually, I downloaded a new app today and just disabled it, and everything is working as it should now. So, I take it when I want to use the app, I enable it while using, and then disable it when I'm not, or is there anything I can do to make it work right all the time?? Thank you again for all your help. It is so very much appreciated!!!!