my yahoo.com email no longer works with firefox.
i have used firefox for years with a yahoo email account. last Friday it stopped functioning properly. The email account works fine with chrome and ie. I can get into the email, but when I try to respond to an email I get "Yahoo! Mail found the original email, but encountered problems displaying it. Please try again later." I am unable to compose emails, answer emails and once they are open they won't close. I changed no settings for either the email account or firefox prior to this happening. Please help, don't make me keep using ie.
thanks madperson. that was the fix.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello rallykat, in this thread a user has found out that the problem might be related to the ghostery addon - do you have it installed too?
if so, add an exception for yahoo mail: click on the ghostery icon while you're in yahoo's webmail, choose "edit blocking options" & then don't block on this domain...
I do use ghostery and have for quite sometime, never an issue before. I like ghostery on yahoo mail because it eliminates all the crap ads.
at the moment ghostery is blocking to much on the yahoo site, so it also impairs on the site's functionality. turnig off ghostery on yahoo mail is the official recommendation by ghostery at the moment:
yeah... we are working on a fix now.. They changed their app pattern as well as embedded an immense amount of tracking services into the client.. Ghostery is doing its job blocking the tracking, but it is causing issues with the pages operating as desired.. Until we get the patch out... if you add mail.yahoo.com to your whitelist you should see everything working as expected.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Pete Knowlton, Senior Product Technologist Ghostery
thanks madperson. that was the fix.