Wan to remove ad.doubleclick.net
Got popups all the time, need to remove them. Had read a lot on the net but how do I do it right, do you have a solutions to do that ?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
1. This could be only websites advertising it. 2. It could be a trojan infection, use
- TDSS Killer
- Hitman Pro
3. It could be semi-malicious firefox extension.
- inspect your firefox extensions
- Use Adwcleaner from bleepingcomputer.com
I did use both method's, and I have not seen this popups since.
Thanks a lot