my mcafee site advisor is no longer working
I have the newest version of mozilla. the mcafee siteadisor browser botton has dissapeared from my mozilla. the green, yellow, and red ticks no longer appear after a web site search. i have re installed mcaffee. still no results.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Google Update
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- DivX Plus Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Update your mcafee advisor
enable that in firefox plugin
where can i update the mcafee siteadvisor...
I have updated both Firefox (20.0.1) and Site Advisor (18.104.22.168) and enabled in Firefox plugin - still no joy, Site Advisor button (green) in lower right corner will produce a report once a site has been opened, but no indicators on the search result page before site is selected.
A friends computer with same setup (Windows XP) works as advertised. Is there some other non-obvious control somewhere?
Modified by Wil
I have Firefox 22.0 and latest updates for mcAfee but McAfee (see Add-Ons) sez it disabled McAfee site advisor to protect my system from crashes--McAfee tech support 1-866-622-3911 person, "Martin" in India, helped me enable it but but nothing improved: still no search result indicators. So he said to uninstall Firefox and install latest version. I have not tried that cuz it seems to me version 22.0 must be the latest version---am I wrong?