Wdows asks me which program I want to use but there is not a Firefox icon to click on to open a file.
In windows I am having a problem when it ask what program do you want to open this file. I do not have a Firefox icon to click from the the list. Am I suppose to have an icon for Firefox Icon, or what do I do?
I use Windows 7 an use Google for my searches
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- TrendMicro Toolbar Rating Plugin
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- DictionaryBoss Installer Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- TelevisionFanatic Installer Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Picasa plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1684
- Best Buy pc app Detector Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
You should never select Firefox as the program to handle a file when you get the "Open with" dialog.
If you would set an automatic action for this file type then you end up with tabs getting opened endlessly.
If Firefox would be able to handle this file then you wouldn't get this dialog.
Can you tell us with which file type this happens?
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
I am trying open a GEDCOM file but have,t got a clue what to choose to open it with.
When do you get this dialog to open/save this file?
Is that when you visit a specific web page?
Do you have genealogy software installed to handle such a file type?