I have Firefox 18.0.1 and my operating system is OS X 10.6.8. Since updating to Firefox 18 I have not been able to get a reload button on my Toolbar.
I have tried to use customize which allowed me to place the activity button on the toolbar which worked in previous versions. However now the activity button (rotating circle) is only there while the page is loading and then disappears and there is no easy way to do reload or stop. I realize I can right click on the tab or use the view dropdown but a button on the toolbar is so much easier.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- RealPlayer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Mac OS X 10.6.8
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
I have already tried the reset because of slow response issues. That did not affect the issue with the reload button. Thanks for trying to assist me.
You can check for problems with the localstore.rdf file.