when i open a pdf it is transparent and i can see my desktop wallpaper behind it making it hard to read
when i try to open a PDF it is transparent and i can see the wallpaper behind it this makes it very hard to read
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- FreeCorder NPAPI
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- Unity Player 3.5.0f6
- Pando Web Plugin
- HP Product Detection Plugin
- HP Active Check Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
Try to disable transparency in Windows.
Right click in a free space on your desktop.
Left click on Personalization.
There are four options at the bottom of the screen, choose "Window Color and Appearance".
Select a border color
Uncheck: "Enable transparency"
still pale but better
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.