Zooming issues with Facebook
When I zoom (using Ctrl and +/- or the mouse) while being on Facebook, it does increase the font size, but the white margins on the left and right side of the page seem locked, therefore the text overlaps when zooming. In other words, it is as if the text is trapped in an invisible box that will not expand when zooming.
This is happening only when on Facebook, other websites' sizes expand normally when zooming.
Anyone has had this issue?
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.526
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2065
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- Novell iPrint Scriptable Plug-in provides functions for the iPrint Map Designer
- iPrint Plug-in 1.0.0 - Provides iPrint client services for Windows
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:10.0.7) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.7
Please create a screenshot of the problem you're seeing by following the guide mentioned at How do I create a screenshot of my problem?.
Once you've done this, attach the saved screenshot file to your forum post by clicking the Browse... button below the Post your reply box. This will help us to visualize the problem.
You will see on the first screenshot before zooming, then with zoom. Notice how the font size increases but not the whole website, resulting in text overflow.
This will be even more obvious when comparing those two pages:
Could you try disabling graphics hardware acceleration? Since this feature was added to Firefox, it has gradually improved, but there still are a few glitches.
You might need to restart Firefox in order for this to take effect, so save all work first (e.g., mail you are composing, online documents you're editing, etc.). Then perform these steps:
- Click the orange Firefox button at the top left, then select the "Options" button, or, if there is no Firefox button at the top, go to Tools > Options.
- In the Firefox options window click the Advanced tab, then select "General".
- In the settings list, you should find the Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox. Uncheck this checkbox.
- Now, restart Firefox and see if the problems persist.
Additionally, please check for updates for your graphics driver by following the steps mentioned in the following Knowledge base articles:
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Thanks for your suggestions, however none of them solved the issue. I eventually uninstalled Firefox and re-installed, which for now fixed the issue.
Thanks again for taking the time to suggest solutions and for your help,
Have a nice day.
Make sure that full page zoom is selected: View > Zoom >  Zoom Text Only
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from an existing profile to the new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.