type in word in search bar and search will not respond to any command
I can type in a word in search bar but the search bar will not respond. I can type in an address in in address bar but firefox will not respond to it. But I can go to my history and access the internet that way. I can access firefox online help also. This just happened in the middle of a search. Never had any problem for years with firefox. Tried re-loading firefox many times. Tried suggested mal-ware removal. Nothing helped. Tried everything online help suggested but nothing helped. Thanks for your help.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_38 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Try to delete the search.json file and a possible search.sqlite file in the Firefox Profile Folder.
If you do not keep changes after a restart then see:
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Modified by cor-el