mozilla firefox start page is not google
My home page is 'Mozilla Firefox Start Page' and it is not Google but Yahoo. I don't want to change it google.com because the Mozilla one restores my previous session. I've tried going into about:config and reseting browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone still does not work.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- PlayStation(R)Network Downloader Check Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
You can always restore the previous session via the (Firefox >) History menu.
Is this the search engine on the about:home page or is the home page set to the Yahoo site?
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
If you do not keep changes after a restart then see:
It is the default home page with no link but in grey "Mozilla Firefox Start Page". Safe mode did not work either.