Just installed Firefox 18 and now when I hover over bookmarks they get blacked out, why>?
Just installed Firefox 18 and now when I hover over bookmarks they get blacked out, why?
Windows 7 ,Lenovo G580, 8Gb Mem, 4GB AMD radion graphics card, no other changes other than installing FF18
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Tried disabling hardware acceleration, but that made no difference, neither did rebooting.
hello, do you use a custom theme - can you try to replicate this behaviour when you launch firefox in safe mode once?
I don't use any custom themes, and this behaviour does not happen in safe mode, but that doesn't really help does it?
in this case the obvious other candidate would be an incompatible extension - can you disable them one-by-one to find out which one is interfering.
alternatively you could try to reset firefox (this will keep your bookmarks & passwords): Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings
so I did a reset firefox and it didn't help one bit, but it did screw up my layout and configuration - brilliant NOT!