I used Iceweasel, NOW Firefox... can't get the spell checker to werk (<--- :) properly. What to do?
My system is Linux Debian Squeeze. I just updated to F.F. 18.0...
I used to use Iceweasel, NOW Firefox... can't get the spell checker to werk (<--- :) properly. What to do?
Additional System Details
- The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing of PDF and FDF files from within the browser.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- The Totem 2.30.2 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible version 0.4.0.5174 built with gcc 4.1.2 on Oct 6 2009
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Do you have a dictionary installed and selected?
You can see which dictionary is selected if you right-click in a text area and open the Languages submenu.
At least one dictionary should be installed and have a check mark to indicate that it is selected.
- Open the "Add Dictionaries" link to install a dictionary if you do not have one.
- Make sure that [X] "Check Spelling" in the right-click context menu is check-marked.
You can enable or disable spell checking globally:
- Edit > Preferences > Advanced : General: Browsing: "Check my spelling as I type"
You can look here for dictionaries: