How I search only sub directories in my bookmarks?
If I do search Firefox searches through all my bookmarks. I only want it to search in the current directory and/or sub directories.
I do not want to use tags. I just want to search for the name.
Additional System Details
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
If the sub directories do not have other sub directories or all sub directories are open then you can use a workaround in the sidebar (View > Sidebar; Ctrl+B) and select that folder with a left mouse click at the far left to set focus to the bookmark area. If you quickly type the first letter(s) then a search is done for this text and the first item found is selected. You will have to type quite quickly and you can only search for the title and not the URL. Repeat this to go to the next result. This doesn't allow to get a list of found items as you can only go from one result to the next.
I don't think that you can do this with a place query either.
Is there any add-ons that I can use to make searching my bookmarks useful. It is now getting beyond frustrating. I can not believe this program doesn't have a useful way to search.
These are extension that allow to add a parent column in the Library, so you can try to sort via that column.
- Show Parent Folder: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/show-parent-folder/
- Go Parent Folder: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/go-parent-folder/