your support forum and signing up
Hello! I had a question to ask today, and when I tried to sign in, it was not working, and I was not sure what my user id was (I was at work and could not look it up). So, I thought I would try signing up, and figured when it saw the same email address, it would tell me I was already signed up. Nope, that did not happen, so now there is a second sign in, which I would like to get rid of. Is that possible?
The other thing is that when I asked my question, it required me to sign in again, using something called "Get Satisfaction" - and that asked me for my email address, and when I entered it and the password for my new registration, it recognized my original account. Help - I am now even more confused.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Pando Web Plugin
- Version 1.1.11, copyright 1996-2011 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Hi there. This does sound strange.
What would really help is if you posted the exact website address you used to ask your question. The one that used "Get Satisfaction". Then we can try to clear things up. At this website though, we do not use Get Satisfaction so I believe you visited a completely different website.
Also if you have a second sign-in with this website, please post the username for that 2nd account here. For example, your username here is Pattit.
If you really do not want the 2nd account, we can disable it.
If you were referring to https://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/ then that is the support forum for Mozilla Thunderbird.
Hi Noah_SUMO and James! Please forgive my silence but I have been having computer problems that are on their way to being resolved.
James, you are right, I have since discovered that when looking for Thunderbird help, as I was, you end up in a totally different place.
I am not sure if there is a problem - but the interesting thing is that while my username here is pattit, on the Thunderbird site my login name is different (the new one I created) but when I post there using the Get Satisfaction, my question shows with my username from here - namely, pattit!
I am assuming that my login name cannot be changed, but my username seems to be carried over the different sites?
Thank you both for your help!!