I'm unable to open a new tab on my window, what do I do?
I installed mozilla firefox 17.0.1 since then I'm unable to open a new tab when i click on the + icon on the right of the other tab.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- Fun Web Products Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_27 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
hello evanso, can you try to replicate this behaviour when you launch firefox in safe mode once? if not, maybe an addon is interfering here...
You can also try to update to Firefox 18.
- Help > About Firefox
Another possible cause to consider is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.