Why can't I get my Yahoo mail to work on my recently upgraded Mozilla on my Mac OS X 10.7.4?
I just upgraded my Mozilla Firefox. My yahoo mail loads but opening an email takes forever and I cannot reply, forward, or delete any mail items.
My yahoo account works without a problem on my iphone so I know it is a problem with the computer/mail interface.
What can I do to fix this or go back to the old version of Firefox where I had no problems?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Launches Roblox Application
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 202
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
I have cleared the cache, cleared cookies. When I click on the add-ons option I just get information about add-ons not a list of add-ons so I am assuming that I have none to clear.
First, update to Firefox 18. Update Firefox to the latest version
I'm having the same problem with Firefox-18 on my 10.4.7 system. In addition, the issue also occurs with SeaMonkey 2.15 which makes me think it isn't a problem with my FF history, etc. Regardless, I followed the "clean-up" instructions per the link above and they didn't help. The extensions I have installed are:
- Adblock Plus 2.2.1
- BarTab Lite 1.2
- Ghostery 2.8.4 (only ScoreCard Research Beacon was found and blocked)
- HttpRequester 1.0.4
- LastPass 2.0.0
- Noscript 126.96.36.199 (No scripts are blocked)
- Session Manager 0.7.9.4
NOTE that the same problem doesn't occur on FF-18 on my Windows-10 box (and all my Mozilla browsers are running at least Adblock, Ghostery, LastPass, and Noscript).
Modified by jauer
Well, it seems like a compatibility problem with firefox 18 I have the same problem in 4 machines.... mail.yahoo works in chrome, safari and opera though
Do you have ghostery or any other tracker/cookie filter? That seems to have been the problem, as foun din other thread in this site
In my case, it appears that Ghostry was the problem (but for some reason, only on the Mac). I disabled blocking on mail.yahoo.com and Mail started working again...