Re-syncing a computer after a crash
I had synced my new computer with my old computer and had no problems. My new computer crashed and I had to clear my H on the new machine. When I tried to re-sync the new computer again, it will not work. when I set up the sync on the new machine, it generates the sync code, I go to sync on the old machine and put in the sync code, it just goes back to the set up sync, pair devices screen and nothing is synced.
I tried to look up my recovery key, but when I go to the sync tab, I don't have a Manage Account tab to click on
I just can't get the new machine to re-sync
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Both devices need to be online at the same time if you want to pair a device with the (3x4) 12-character code.
Sync needs to be set up and working on at least one (desktop) computer, so you can enter the 12-character code that is provided by the device (computer) that you want to pair on the computer that has a working Sync setup.
Enter all details like the account name (email address) and password and the 26-character Sync key manually to connect to an existing sync account instead of using the 12-character code to pair a device if pairing isn't possible.
- open "Tools > Options > Sync" or "Firefox > Set Up Sync"
- click "Set Up Firefox Sync" to go to "Firefox Sync Setup"
- click "I Have an Account" : Connect
- click "I don't have the device with me" at the bottom to enter the account settings (email, password, sync key)