Remove AOL from my homepage and restore Google
I've always had Google as my homepage on Firefox and now it's AOL with AOL Search, I don't want this, I want Google, how do I get rid of AOL, I've tried everything I could think of.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- AmazonMP3DownloaderPlugin 1.0.15
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Hi isis712, from Firefox button(orenge button) > Add-ons > Extensions, if it's there, uninstall it.
than use SearchReset add-on (the add-on it is not permanent, uninstalls itself after resets your search preferences and home page to their default values)
I installed Adobe flash player and now AOL has Hijacked my Mozilla Firefox browser. When I click anywhere on the page, it just "dings". It wants me to check the box to change my home page, but I will not do that.