how do I dock the bookmarks
How do i get the bookmarks menu to appear docked along the left hand margin of the firefox window?
Press Ctrl+B ... or open the old-style Firefox menu by pressing the Alt key, then click on View -> Sidebar -> BookmarksRead this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.525
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
You can use View > Sidebar > Bookmarks (Ctrl+B) to open the bookmarks in the sidebar.
Press F10 or press and hold the Alt key down to bring up the "Menu Bar" temporarily.
Firefox 4 has two bookmark icons in the Customize window. One has a drop marker that open a Bookmark menu. The other without the drop marker is the one that opens the bookmarks in the sidebar.
Open the Customize window via "View > Toolbars > Customize" or via "Firefox > Options > Toolbar Layout"
Press Ctrl+B ... or open the old-style Firefox menu by pressing the Alt key, then click on View -> Sidebar -> Bookmarks
On a Mac it is Command-B.
Thanks. got it working