Firefox 17 tab repositioning animation
The new animation for repositioning tabs annoys me a lot =\ is there any way to change or delete it?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2063
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- Unity Player 2.6.1f3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Allows browsing on RealArcade sites with Mozilla browsers.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
hello lalalei2001, there's an entry named browser.tabs.animate in about:config, you can toggle it to false by double-clicking it but as far as í can see it only disables the animation during opening or closing a tab at the moment (not when you drag it though). there is a open bug for it that asks for the setting to be expanded to the drag animation, but i don't know how likely it is to get fixed soon...
Thanks ^^; I don't mind the opening or closing animation, but the dragging one is a pain.
I Found a working solution: Install the Tab Utilities extension for Firefox and make sure extensions.tabutils.disableTabMoveAnimation is set to true. The animation should now be gone and the lovely arrow back!
I tried the about:config "fix" listed everywhere. The idiotic animation is still there.
Modified by sissyboy1978