How do I save my firefox start-up settings?: Screen size, menu bar, toolbars. I have to reset all these each time I start firefox.
When I start firefox for the first time on a given day, I must change or reset all the following settings:
1. Screen size; the initial screen size fills about only 1/4 of my display.
2. I must click on "options" in the upper left corner and choose "show menu bar".
3. I then click on view, toolbars and check bookmarks toolbar.
4. Finally I select view, toolbars and must uncheck 3 toolbars: Kansas Jayhawks, AAdvantage Shopping and Hawaiian AIrlines e-Market.
I cannot find a way to save these settings to become the default choices for the next time I launch firefox.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- NPAPI Plugin used by AAdvantage eShopping(SM) assistant
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
hello bobneth, maybe the file that stores these options got corrupted, please try this: go to firefox > help > troubleshooting information and click on profile folder/show folder and then close firefox. a windows explorer window should open up - in there delete the file named localstore.rdf & restart firefox afterwards.
you might also want to remove toolbars in firefox > addons > extensions that you don't use any longer to avoid negative effects.
Thank you so much. That fix worked perfectly. I've deleted the file "localstore.rdf" on 1 desktop and 3 notebooks. Corrected the problem on each one and retained my settings from the previous firefox start-up.