Can't upload pictures to facebook using firefox but it works if i use internet explorer
When I tried to upload pics to facebook using firefox it would just hang there and not work. I saw a post online about trying another browser so I used Internet Explorer and it worked. Really weird cause it is usually internet explorer that screws up. Please help.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2065
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Picasa plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Facebook needs Flash to upload photos for drag and drop method.
Please check if all your plugins are up-to-date. To do this, go to the Mozilla Plugin Check site.
Once you're there, the site will check if all your plugins have the latest versions. If you see plugins in the list that have a yellow Update button or a red Update now button, please update these immediately.
To do so, please click each red or yellow button. Then you should see a site that allows you to download the latest version. Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation and follow the steps mentioned in the installation procedure.
Modified by iamjayakumars
You can check for problems caused by recent Flash updates and try these:
- disable a possible RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension for Firefox and update the RealPlayer if installed
- disable protected mode in Flash 11.3 and later
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
I also have this problem. I am using Firefox v.19.0.2. I have gone to the Mozilla Plugin Check site, and have updated all that I can.
Whenever I try to update the Adobe Acrobat Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6, it updates, but never updates within the Mozilla Plugin Check site. I do not know if that is the problem. Please, help and include specific details, because this is extremely hard for me to understand. Thank you.