How do I stop the NoScript web page loading everytime I open Firefox 16.0.2?
For some time now (perhaps since I had to reload Firefox and got Windows 16.0.2) Everytime I start up Firefox it checks for compatibility of add-ons. How do I stop this? Also, the NoScript web page loads every time I start up. How do I stop this?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- Image Control Plugin for viewing images on Ancestry.com. Version 18.104.22.168
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Firefox 17.0 was released on Tuesday, November 20, 2012, with a number of security issues fixed. You should update to the current version.
- Updating Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/update-firefox-latest-version
- Latest release version full installer - https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
NoScript updates frequently and the NoScript update page can be turned off.
- Turn off NoScript update page:
- Open NoScript Options - hover your mouse over the NoScript icon and choose "Options"
- Click the "Notifications" tab and un-check "Display the release notes on update" at the bottom of that display
- Click "OK" to close the NoScript Options panel
If you are using a security application (firewall/av) with a virtualization or sandboxing feature or an application like Sandboxie, updates to Firefox and its Add-ons (and other applications running in the sandbox/virtual environment) never actually get installed outside of the sandbox/virtual environment. You should disable the sandbox/virtualization before running the updates. Consult the documentation on such applications or post on their forum for instructions.
Add-ons Compatibility check with each start of Firefox
Modified by TheOldFox