Delete non-English dictionaries?
The spell-checking dictionaries on my computer now include: French (reform); French (classic); French (classic/reform); and French (modern). I have no clue how they got there, but spell-checking tries to default to French (reform). I don't see a way to delete them. Can anyone help?
Thanks, Ed LeRoy
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Picasa plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.19.0 For more information visit www.musicnotes.com
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Hello eleroy44, go from Firefox button > Options > options window > Content panel > Languages > Choose... > Remove (the language you want)
see for more info : Languages
Thanks for your reply, but frankly I don't know what a "Firefox button" is.
The languages tab in the Add-ons manager shows installed language packs.
What you want is to uninstall dictionaries and those appear on the Extensions tab (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions).
If you want to remove them all then simply uninstall the extension.
The 4 French dictionaries are installed via one extension in the dictionaries folder of the extension in the Firefox Profile Folder
You can remove the files of the other dictionaries and only leave the two files for the modern version.
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder
Modified by cor-el