Cannot right click while in aol.com only. On all other websites right click works fine. Upgraded, still nothing
All of a sudden I cannot right click while at aol.com. Right click works fine on any other website. Right click does works on aol.com with Chrome and Safari. Checked addons and I only have acrobat as an addon. Plugins are Acrobat NPAPI, Google Earth, Java Applet, Logmein, Sharepoint, Quicktime, and Shockwave.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.4
- LogMeIn remote control components
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
It is possible for websites to disable the right-click context menu.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Thank you for your response. Started in safe mode. Right click still does not work on aol.com. checked the appearance and it shows default 17.0 disbled. Checked other sites and right click works fine. Again, on aol.com, right click will work perfectly on safari or chrome.
Did you try to disable plugins as well?
You can create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from the old profile to that new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.
I tried it in safe mode which I thought disabled everything.
Safe mode only disables extension and doesn't affect plugins.
If you want to test for plugins then you need to disable them yourself in Tools > Add-ons > Plugins.