Firefox 17 is not retaining cookie settings.
Firefox 17 is not retaining cookie setting for websites. Besides removing all existing exceptions I had, it will no longer retain exceptions for cookies. I have the basic cookie setting as unchecked for accepting cookies (that is the default is not to accept cookies), but when I add an exception, it does not retain it when I close my browser. This is very serious stuff. I will have to move from my beloved Firefox to something that *does* work. I can't believe you haven't been flooded with complaints. Or maybe you have.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.118
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1687
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
Windows 7 Premium. Just got the 17 update today. Now nothing works...well, some sites will work and others wont but this sucks.
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from an existing profile to the new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.
Actually another suggestion Cor-El made in another place (with my question better stated) did the trick - I renamed the cookies.sqlite and let FF create a new one, and now it is saving the persistent cookie. Thank you!
Modified by jaman57