how do i remove my sidebar
I cannot clise my vertical sidebar. How can I close it?
My situation with the sidebar is a bookmarked website opens when I click the name. How do I get rid of it? ThxRead this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
when I pressed a site rhat i had bookmatkrf
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.17.0 For more information visit Musicnotes.com
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Delivery Network Acceleration by BitTorrent™
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
If it is the Bookmarks or History sidebar, you can click the "x" to the right of the word Bookmarks or History at the top of the sidebar, or
- Bookmarks sidebar - CTRL+B opens or closes
- History sidebar - CTRL+H opens or closes
Other - You should check your Plugins and update as needed:
- Check your Plugins - https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5 (not the same as Adobe Flashplayer/Flash/Shockwave Flash)
My situation with the sidebar is a bookmarked website opens when I click the name. How do I get rid of it? Thx
Opening in the sidebar is the default for bookmarks that are created via a link or button on a website.
You can check the Properties of a bookmark via the context menu in the sidebar (Ctrl+B; Command+B on Mac).
In the Bookmarks Manager (Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks) you can click the More button in the Details pane at the bottom right.
Make sure that "Load this bookmark in the sidebar" is not selected.