Firefox won't download pdf's using iMacros "TAG" command
For work, I automated the downloading of documents (doc, docx, pdf files etc.) using a simple macro in iMacros. I had to use a macro because the nature of the site is - go to the main screen, click a client name link, scroll down and click a link to download the document - then go back to the main screen and repeat. The macro automated this tedious process and WAS working with about 95% success (seems that I can't tell firefox to automatically save a txt file for some reason - but that's another story). Now, all of a sudden, the macro won't download any pdf's. The macro still works fine when the document is a doc or docx or rtf file but when it hits a pdf file, it does nothing - just moves on to the next client. Since the macro works properly with the other file types (again, not txt - but everything else) it's probably not an iMacros issue. The frustrating part is - I can go into the page manually where the pdf file lives - and click on the file - and it works properly - file downloads automatically as it should.
the macro code line is very simple: TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TARGET:_blank
I had to set all my document file types to automatically download (including adobe files) when a link is clicked - which is fine - and like I said - the macro used to work - just stopped downloading pdf's all of a sudden.
Also I disable the adobe plugin - but that didn't work - since I have adobe files set to download automatically it shouldn't make a difference if the plugin is active or not anyway.
Any help appreciated, Thanks
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_32 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.2