Redirected to random websites
I'm being redirected at anytime, it can be from a bookmark page, from typing on the address bar, from a Google search, it doesn't matter but it is getting very annoying.
I changed my DNS to an openDNS, but the problem persisted. I installed and ran ClamXav, it didn't find any malware or problem. I decided to create a new airport connection with openDNS. The problems is still going on.
I deleted cookies and reset firefox, but after a couple of hours the problem was back.
Any suggestions in what to do next?
I have a MacBook OS X 10.5.8
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- DivX Plus Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.4
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Facebook Video Calling by Skype
- View PDF documents within your web browser.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6.4
- Coupons Inc., Coupon Printing FireFox Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Picasa plugin.
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Pando Web Installer
- npmnqmp 071701000001
- Yahoo! Installer Plug-in provides application installation support
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
It's interesting that the problem went away for a few hours after the reset. One of the primary changes is that Firefox does not have any Extensions after a reset. Could you check on whether any have been added since then?
Tools > Add-ons > Extensions category
There also is a copy/paste-able list here:
Help > Troubleshooting Information