Drop-down menus and jQuery sortable conflicting with 16.0.2 update
Drop-down menus which are contained with a jquery sortable table are acting as if they are disabled. Clicking on them does nothing. I can tab to the drop-down menu and control it with arrow keys, but the mouse does nothing. The drop-down menus outside of the table still work fine. This issue only occurs in Firefox 16.0.2 on multiple computers, all running Windows 7. The issue does not occur in IE9, Chrome, or Safari. Also, the issue does not occur in Firefox 15, but it does occur in Firefox 17 Beta. I did not see anything addressing this specific issue, so I assume it is not a known issue.
The issue has been resolved.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
This started when...
I updated to 16.0.2
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
OS: Windows 7
Browser version: 16.0.2
The issue has been resolved.
What did you do to fix this problem?
This bug still occurs:
How to Reproduce:
1.Download: http://jqueryui.com/resources/download/jquery-ui-1.9.2.custom.zip (or any other version)
2.Find the default example for sortable:
3. Replace first li item to (just to add a html select)
4. The dropdown options will not appear(as if the dropdown is disabled).
The JQuery UI Support instructed me in not using: .disableSelection(). This solved my problem.