Firefox won't update anymore?
So, when I first got Firefox, I was able to update to the latest version by clicking on "Firefox" scroll down on the top left corner of the screen, then clicking on "Help", and then clicking on "About Firefox".
Ever since update 14.0 something, my steps of updating Firefox mentioned above wouldn't work anymore. For example, after I click on "About Firefox" to update, the popped up window says:
Restart to Update (clickable) You are currently on the release update channel.
So, I click on restart to update, but it did NOT update nor did anything. Therefore, I have to manually keep downloading the new version by going to the Mozilla Firefox website, and then download the client, etc which is annoying.
Also, once I update my Mozilla Firefox by manually downloading from the website again, it does NOT fix the update feature mentioned earlier.
So, my question is: Does anybody know why this update feature mentioned above does not work for me anymore?
Thanks. I look forward to your replies.
I found the problem.Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Update 14 was released
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1246
- Nexon Game Controller
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Pando Web Plugin
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
I found the problem.
I've marked your above posted reply as the solution since you indicated that you found the cause of the problem.
If you still have questions then you can remove that solution.
So, would you like to maybe post how you fixed the problem for other people's benefit?
Did you check your security software?
Mine was a rights issue. Logged in as administrator and updated fine.