Firefox initially opens filling my 27" monitor. How can I get it to open smaller?
Starting up Firefox on a web page it completely fills my 27" monitor. After dragging the window to about a third of that, subsequent windows stay at that size. After turning off Firefox and reopening it, it reverts back to that monitor-filling size. How can I get it to stay at the smaller size?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Nothing related as far as I recall.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 22.214.171.124
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- LogMeIn remote control components
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 202
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
You can also try to remove the Firefox plist file (org.mozilla.firefox.plist).
- http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20060606082246983 How .plist files become corrupt and troubleshooting the results
Go to "~/Library/Preferences" and remove the plist file for Firefox (org.mozilla.firefox.plist)