message says operation can not be completed because firefox is in use, so I can't drag it to application box
have downloaded new firefox (have firefox icon already on desktop MAC) in second step I try to drag the icon into the application icon and get message that says it can't because firefox is in use; bold text
Additional System Details
Not sure how often
This started when...
I just tried to upgrade firefox
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 22.214.171.124
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20111212 Firefox/3.6.25
If there are problems with updating or with the permissions then easiest is to download the full version and trash the currently installed version to do a clean install of the new version.
Download a new copy of the Firefox program and save the disk image (dmg) file to the desktop
- Firefox 15.0.1: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Trash the current Firefox application (e.g. open the Applications folder in the Finder and drag the Firefox application to the Trash) to do a clean (re-)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data if you uninstall and (re)install Firefox.