How do I block a popup that seems to get around Firefox's popup blocker?
When Firefox is open, I regularly (each few minutes) get a popup in the lower right-hand corner that solicits me to "Like" some story on Solon website. I've looked at the Firefox block popups settings but can't tell how and whether it can be setup to block these particular popups. I've emailed Solon about the popup but get no reply.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
A few weeks ago. I had to reinstall Firefox after a crash. (But that may be coincidental.)
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
If I right-click on the box, I get a menu of choices. Most of the choices are obscure and none have led to information that might yield info to block the popup.
Firefox popup blocker is not 100% perfect. If you want to block more popups, try Adblock Plus and the Adblock Plus Popup Addon with subscriptions. Those block most popups.
Check with Firefox Addons
Update your fireofx to latest version of Firefox (FF18.0.2)
FireFox blocker does not seem to do anything at all. AdBlock does not allow videos with ad precursors to play (e.g. AOL videos).