First of all I use a Macintosh! So please submit your assistance based on this fact. As previous answers did not. In Firefax, I lose the Address Field. Why?
First of all, I use a Macintosh! All previous attempts to answer my problem were addressed to that other computer medium, Windows. I apologize for this. For whatever reason, I lose the Address Field when I pull up Firefox, that blank space awaiting my entry of some web site I want to visit. It's just not there. I go through the Preferences, etc, and cannot retrieve it, although I have done so in the past but God knows how. Thank you all.
Modified by rhfrancis
Additional System Details
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r246
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20120306 Firefox/3.6.28
You may have the Navigation Toolbar hidden.
- Hold down the Ctrl key while you click on an empty section of the tab strip.
- If Navigation Toolbar is not checked, click it to make the Navigation Toolbar visible.
If showing the Navigation Toolbar does not restore it, see the rest of the solutions in this article - Navigation buttons like back, home, bookmarks and reload are missing
You can also look in "View > Toolbars" to set which toolbars to display.
You can check for problems with the localstore.rdf file.