Proxy in firefox doesn't really work!?!
I live in Thailand and several websites are blocked by the goverment. Well I tried to use a proxy and checked my IP at samair.ru and the ip of the proxy is shown. So I surf with that proxy. But the several websites are still blocked and you can see that firefox connects to the goverment site. But it does work with chrome and internet explorer! doesn't make any sence to me. I've deleted all cookies!
You can also check if you use the proxy for all protocols and disable all plugins because some plugins may use their own connection.Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Winamp Application Detector
- Version 0.9.19, Copyright 2006-2012 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Version 0.9.17, copyright 2008-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
Please also try setting network.proxy.socks_remote_dns to true in about:config. You can get a list of SOCKS proxies from samair. You may have to restart Firefox and also Clear Now the Cache and Cookies in Tools (Alt + T) > Clear Recent History.
- In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter. The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear.
- Click I'll be careful, I promise!, to continue to the about:config page.
You can also check if you use the proxy for all protocols and disable all plugins because some plugins may use their own connection.
thank you for your replies. Your are right Cor el. Now it works.