I can not access California goverment web sites? How do I change my settings to get to Cal gov sites?
I can not access California goverment websites? How do I fix this?
URL of affected sites
http://all goverment websites
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 5.00 for Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100625 YFF35 Firefox/3.6.6
How about giving us the URL of some CA government websites that you are having the problem with?
If we guess the websites, my experience says that they will work correctly. When we report back to this thread and post our results along the URLs we looked at - the Original Poster will say "I don't have a problem with those websites".
www. edd.ca.gov is one
Here's a click-able link. http://www.edd.ca.gov/
I have no problem opening that website, and no problem navigating that website, using Firefox 3.6.6 on Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid).
No problem accessing other CA government websites from links on that website, either, including all links under CA Government Links on that page.
Since I don't live in CA, I can't test such things as applying for benefits & services.
this is the error that i get. I dont know why? Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at www.edd.ca.gov.
* Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com
* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
I just upgraded to Ubuntu 10.04 and Firefox 3.6.8 and now I can only occasionally get to my bank's website, and when I can get to it, when I try to go to the login screen I get the same screen you mentioned. I can reach these sites from other computers on the same network using the same router.