XML parsing error
For the past two hours I get the following error when I try opening Aurora: XML Parsing Error: undefined entity Location: chrome://browser/content/browser.xul Line Number 540, Column 9: <button <="" default="true" p="">
What's causing this?What can I do?
Modified by JimTheGreat
Ah, I just figured it might be conflict between the two programs, both trying to be the default browser or something. I just uninstalled both then restarted the machine before reinstalling Aurora, and that seems to have done the trick. I never used google chrome anyway. Thanks :)Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I closed and tried to opne Aurora
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/21.0.1180.89 Safari/537.1
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
hello, i think it's a general bug (i experienced the same thing) in the current aurora releases - try to downgrade to a prior version, disable auto-updates for the moment and check for a new version again in a day or two.
Are you using a custom theme?
It may be related to the social-activation-message
You can also try to reset the prefs or check the social.* prefs on the about:config page.
Modified by cor-el
Can confirm I'm getting exactly the same error. Unfortunately I get the same in safe mode too.
No menus, browser bar etc to be able to access about:config or options - tried command line launching too with same result.
I was getting this error too. I figured since it mentioned "chrome" I'd try uninstalling Aurora and Google Chrome, restarting my PC then reinstalling Aurora. That worked fine for me :)
Firefox uses the "chrome://" protocol to access its own internal files and also access files from extensions, so that has nothing to do with Google Chrome.
You can try a clean reinstall and delete the Firefox Aurora program folder before reinstalling a fresh copy of Firefox.
Download a fresh Firefox copy and save the file to the desktop.
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other profile data are stored in the Firefox Profile Folder and won't be affected by an uninstall and (re)install, but make sure that "remove personal data" is NOT selected when you uninstall Firefox.
If you keep having problems then also create a new profile.
Ah, I just figured it might be conflict between the two programs, both trying to be the default browser or something. I just uninstalled both then restarted the machine before reinstalling Aurora, and that seems to have done the trick. I never used google chrome anyway. Thanks :)
Yeah,this did the trick.Thanks alot :).
- bug 793088 - Startup failure in localization builds since Aurora17.0a2 20120920042010