When selecting a new tab that shows recent websites feature is not working. Only searchqu.com comes up, even after I followed the directions about:config, etc.
I followed the help article to turn off and on the recent websites feature in a new tab. However, even after I turned the feature back on and restarted firefox, this website still comes up as my new tab: http://www.searchqu.com/web?src=derr&appid=390&systemid=406&q=http%3A%2F%2F
What is wrong?
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
hello dolphingirl419, please go to firefox > addons > extensions & remove any suspicious entries (toolbars, things that you have not installed intentionally, etc). also go to the windows control panel / programs and remove all toolbars or potentially unwanted software from there and to a full scan of your system with the security software that you have in place.
then go to firefox > help > troubleshooting information > "profile folder - show folder". a new window should open up - in case it does contain a file named user.js, please delete that and restart the browser. you could also install the searchreset addon afterwards, it will revert the settings that those kind of adware usually modifies to their default.
See also these threads and pages about searchqu/searchnu: