Add-ons allow you to add extra features and functionality to Firefox. If you need help installing add-ons, see Find and install add-ons to add features to Firefox.
For fixes and new features, keep your add-ons up to date. Here's how to update your add-ons.
Table of Contents
- Click the menu button , click and select .
- Click the gear icon in the upper-right area of the
- Choose one of the options below:
- Check for Updates: Allows you to check for any updates to your add-ons manually. If there is an update available, you have the option to choose to update it now or later.
- View Recent Updates: When you click this option, a panel appears on the left, showing your last updated add-ons.
- Update Add-ons Automatically: If you want to keep your add-ons up to date, select this option to let them update automatically.
- Reset All Add-ons to Update Automatically: If any add-ons have been set to update manually, clicking this option will reset all add-ons to update automatically.
Update settings for specific add-ons
You can individually adjust the update method for each extension as follows, when the recommended Update Add-ons Automatically option has been selected:
- Go to the panel.
- Click More to see the details page of a specific extensionClick on the extension and select the .
- Find the Automatic Updates line. (You may need to scroll down the page).
- Select Off to set manual updates for that extension.
- When automatic updates are turned off, a Check for Updates link will appear on the same line.
- Select On or Default to set the extension to update automatically.
- If you want, you can go back to the Extensions panel to set up others.
- Close the Add-ons Manager (about:addons) tab.
Can I update legacy add-ons?
Extensions that do not meet Firefox's new add-on technology have been deactivated and moved to the panel. If you need the add-on, you can visit the developer's website to see if it will be migrated to the WebExtensions standard. The extension will automatically update when the add-on developer provides a compatible version. You can also follow these instructions to look for a replacement:
- Click the menu button , click
- Click the Extension Finder utility can also help you find replacement extensions. button to the right of the add-on. If a replacement isn't available, the Featured Add-ons page will open, where you can search for a compatible alternative. The
Extensions that do not meet Firefox's new add-on technology have been disabled. If you need the add-on, you can visit the developer's website to see if it will be migrated to the WebExtensions standard. The extension will automatically update when the add-on developer provides a compatible version. You can also search for a compatible alternative. The Extension Finder utility can help you find replacement extensions.