How do I get rid of Blekko? Nothing suggested on here works
It seems to have installed with either AdAware Free of something else from CNet. None of the remedies suggested in other posts have worked, and neither does the Search Reset AddOn!
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
AdAware was installed
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Google Update
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Version 0.9.19, Copyright 2006-2012 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
Where in Firefox are you seeing Blekko? Please provide a screenshot.
It is best to use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot and make sure that you do not exceed a maximum file size of 1 MB.
Then use the Browse .... button below the Post a Reply text box to upload the screenshot.
It appears on every new tab opened, like this:
See also [/questions/926793]
I had to actually uninstall Ad Aware Toolbar AND its browser security! Blekko has now buggered off! Cheers folks