Shockwave Flash reduce my download speed?
When I run Firefox 15.0.1 with Shockwave Flash 11.4 I get a download speed of about 5 Mbps. When I disable Flash it gets a lot faster. I have a 100 Mbps connection and if I measure the download speed using Internet Explorer (with Flash extention) I get a +90 Mbps reading. I did have the same problem with 11.3 but not with 10.3.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Nexus Personal Plug-Ins
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
That is a really interesting issue you are reporting. Did you try 14.0.1 to see if you have the same issue there? We may have more questions for you as well if you are willing to help!
I believe I had the same problem with 14.0.1. Not sure of exact version but at least it was the same thing before updating to 15.