Does Mozzilla know that Norton constant guard causes FF scrolling & video & typing to lag?
I am telling whoever reads this? That constant guard when installed & your using FF it causes a lag in typing, scrolling and video. I have and always have had Norton, but when I install CG I get that lagging problem. I delete the constant Guard and the lagging is gone. PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG Thank you.
Modified by bb62964
Is it Xfinity Constant Guard? Does this run outside of Firefox or is it a Firefox add-on?Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
day before yesterday when I installed Constant Guard
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_35 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1244
- HP Product Detection Plugin
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
This is info for you guys. Tell people to delete CG if they have a lag problem AND use CG, See if that fixes their problem.
Is it Xfinity Constant Guard? Does this run outside of Firefox or is it a Firefox add-on?
Yes it is xfinity CG and deleting it solved my problem woo hoo pass it along
Modified by bb62964
Are you running both Norton and Xfinity Constant Guard?
Yeah, I know Norton makes Constant Guard, but what you said sounds to me like you might have both installed.
yes I did, now only Norton security suite from xfinity I did not know I could not had done it before & CG crashed FF all the time. I thought they had fixed it. no crashes... but the lag. I realized the lagging started when I reinstalled CG on Monday.