Firefox Nightly unable to open new window in browser
I have downloaded the 64 bit version of the firefox nightly from here: http://nightly.mozilla.org/ I am running win 7 64 bit. Problem I have been getting is whenever I want a new window open to have on another screen it never loads. This is getting really annoying now and I have almost had enough. I had been using firefox 32 bit but it stopped loading flash videos and youtube videos thats why I moved to the firefox nightly build.
Also most of the time firefox doesnt close properly, I have to end the process using task manager to start the firefox nightly browser.
Also whenever I open a new window from scratch it always brings up the 'restore previous pages' part.
Please can you help me resolve this issue.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1686
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Google Update
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- A component of your photo software powered by RocketLife
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- TurnTool2011 22.214.171.124
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/18.0 Firefox/18.0
nobody knows???SURPRISING :O
There is no 64 bit Firefox version on the nightly.mozilla.org site, only a 32 bit version.
Although there is a 64 bit version compiled, those are only meant to make sure that the compilation isn't broken. The 64 bit versions for Windows aren't tested like they are for Mac and Linux, so you use them on your own risk. You should stay with the 32 bit versions for Windows.
If there is no 64 bit then what do you suggest I use?32 bit crashes on my system as it does on everyone that is using 64 bit OS.