How to change Firefox homepage?
I know how to change the Firefox homepage. However, when I restart Firefox, the previous homepage reappears. My new homepage disappears.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.523
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
May be it caused by one of your extensions or plug-ins. Try to manually disable them all and close (exit) all other internet related apps and try again to change your homepage. Does this work?
Also it maybe caused by a threat or badware application. Try making a full scan whith an updated Internet security program (i.e. Kaspersky internet security, Norton Internet security & ...) and try to change your homepage after restarting your system.
Have your problem solved???
Modified by Mohammad amin Hardani
If you do not keep changes after a restart then see:
Which security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?